The Daily Fret~ Quest for Annus Mirabilis

The Daily Fret~ Quest for Annus Mirabilis
Starting 1 March, I shall be attempting the "Daily Fret"; a simple
attempt to look for poetry in the simple everyday. For seconds tick away before we realize a life has been lived. It must not go by uninspired, unnoticed.

This blog in this respect aspires to be a Dialogue, and not just a listening post; so freely comment and participate, its a resonant communique we all crave-You to I, and I to You.

Happy reading.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012


The Cross roads.


The cross roads,
I remember now;
Carrying loads,
Of wilderness.


In memory’s palace,
My perfect room-
And the dreams
That love would bloom,
In togetherness;
And quicken my steps,
In hopeful haste,
Onwards,
To meet and rest.


But now I stand,
Alone and stare,
The home is quiet,
Cold and bare,
The sun’s set,
So I look and yearn,
By the distant,
Lights that burn,
The earths smells 
Familiar,
But seems-
Unknown.


Vertigo,
Is from,
An earthly flight,
That spins our world,
Ever so slight,
So I trace my steps,
Back to the spot,
Where we had met,
But from where I got
Lost, to only learn-
The directions of
A wrong turn.

8 comments:

mohit mittal said...

Wish if there had been an undo button in life too. Anyways, I am beginning to fell in love with rhyme again.'only to learn the directions of a wrong turn' says it all.
waise sir, ab jo bhi karlo paap dhulne waale nahin hain...:-D

Vivere said...

better late than never....


once again, awesome poetry. phew_ thankfully, now i get the hang of it! lolz

Dr. Hyde said...

@mohit i doubt youve been down any wrong alleys my gud friend... :)

poetry is a concept in thought,well thought wud well rhyme...

paap?? aur main??? :0

Dr. Hyde said...

@Megha... Glad to have your attention... :)
better late than never..

mikimbizii said...

Rich and pleasantly direct. I adore the rhymes... something that I can never create :)

Dr. Hyde said...

Mikimbizi...glad you liked... :)
though i rather admire your allusions more...
i guess you don't need rhymes when you can make ripples... :)

atam said...

:-) nice...
Reminded me of a few lines at another unsuccessful attempt of mine...

Long waits...
Along corridors straight
A gaze to test
The mountains high
And the faraway sky
A quiet flutter
Of the unknown veil
to cleanse the soul
and mend the hole
Tattered remains
of life's gains
To see them bend
At His hem...

AJ

Dr. Hyde said...

@Atam...thx for the mellow words...i dont see anything unsuccessful in there..mebbe u shud post them n bring them to life... :)