The Daily Fret~ Quest for Annus Mirabilis

The Daily Fret~ Quest for Annus Mirabilis
Starting 1 March, I shall be attempting the "Daily Fret"; a simple
attempt to look for poetry in the simple everyday. For seconds tick away before we realize a life has been lived. It must not go by uninspired, unnoticed.

This blog in this respect aspires to be a Dialogue, and not just a listening post; so freely comment and participate, its a resonant communique we all crave-You to I, and I to You.

Happy reading.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012


The Bazaar

She beckons me,
Across the street,
Of glowing lights,
And shared strife;
Over the crowds,
That endless seem,
And yet in thoughts,
Lost; unseen.

The wind cradles,
Her tender smile,
And I sway,
Expectations, wild,
That drive your heart,
More than the feet.
Yet sundry calls,
From jostled streets,
Are all somehow,
What stay with me,
And in my ears hum,
As I reach-
To cross the lines,
That were for the world,
But now recognize,
Only me;
It seems.

6 comments:

Arthur Dent said...

Brilliant! Wish I could write poems, but alas! All I ever get to is stitching a rhyme... and never conjuring poetry..unlike you :-)
Blogrolled you, Sir! :-)

Dr. Hyde said...

THE Arthur Dent?!?!

Well am much grateful...Thanks for all the Fish! :)

mohit mittal said...

jab we met...!!!

Dr. Hyde said...

Mittal...WTF!!!

Vivere said...

....reminds me of those wildcats that stay safe in sanctuaries and dream of wilderness!

sigh...

grass is always greener on the other side. ;P

Dr. Hyde said...

@Megha... grass is always green along some sides of the fence... :D